It’s early days for us here so far in terms of social distancing and enforced stays at home. Why not take advantage of these museums’ offers of free access to their collections while the crisis is upon us?
- Pinacoteca di Brera – Milano https://pinacotecabrera.org/
- Galleria degli Uffizi – Firenze https://www.uffizi.it/mostre-virtuali
- Musei Vaticani – Roma http://www.museivaticani.va/content/museivaticani/it/collezioni/catalogo-online.html
- Museo Archeologico – Athens https://www.namuseum.gr/en/collections/
- Prado – Madrid https://www.museodelprado.es/en/the-collection/art-works
- Louvre – Paris https://www.louvre.fr/en/visites-en-ligne
- British Museum – London https://www.britishmuseum.org/collection
- Metropolitan Museum – New York https://artsandculture.google.com/explore
- Hermitage – St Petersburg https://bit.ly/3cJHdnj
- National Gallery of art – Washington https://www.nga.gov/index.html
A challenge anyone can do (without loads of training or special kit)
This is an event almost ANYONE can do. Bring the family or come on your own with us. Kensal Queens Park took the largest group of people to this last year – almost 100. Their youngest fundraiser was 5 years old and the two eldest were 65!
And none of them were very fit. The fast ran fast; the majority of us got round the best they could.
A great way to raise money
It’s very easy to get sponsorship and we can help with that! (or just come join the fun with no sponsorship if you’re prepared to pay the entry fee yourself).
Previous team members have raised over £40,000 for local charities from this event the past three years. Generally people are very happy to sponsor a friend trying Triathlon for the first time. It’s in beautiful grounds, with kids events (they can raise money too or leave that bit to the adults!) and “Sprint” and “Super Sprint” mini-Triathlon distances.
And there are Relay events – so if you don’t like swimming (750 metres) you can just do the cycle (22 km) or run (5.4 km).
Meanwhile, if you agree to raise £100 or more for a local charity, The Moberly Sports Centre, the Maqam, Lizzie Barker PT and Gym Locomotive will help you get into shape for free!
If you sign up, you’ll be joining others raising money for other local charities, including Salusbury World, St Laurence’s Larder, Sufra NW London, and Kensal Rise Library. It would be lovely to get a bit of competition going!
Thank you The Moberly Sports Centre, The Maqam, Daniels Estate Agents, bagsoflove, Maciej at Gym Locomotive, Lizzie Barker PT, RISE Design Studio for all your support with this event (and all the light-hearted training).
How much will it cost me?
We are offering places at a 70% discount to the Sunday team entry price in return for pledging to raise sponsorship money.
Sprint or Super Sprint ‘individual’ event places (where you do all three legs: swim, bike, run) are £39.
A Relay place is just £19.
We can offer these prices if you agree to raise at least £100 in sponsorship or the local charity you choose. We promise you will find that level of sponsorship very easy and we’ll help you achieve it.You ALSO get these fantastic local benefits, thanks to our kind sponsors:
1. 70% off entry price
2. A ‘month at the Moberly’ Sports Centre to get into shape
3. Free ‘Swimming Nature‘ lessons at the Maqam
4. Free strength and mobility “MOT” with Maciej at Gym Locomotive
5. Free Lizzie Barker Group Training on Tiverton Green
6. Free lifts to Denham to try open water swimming (and lots of team runs and cycles)
7. “Kensal” Tri training top designed by Red Giant
8. Warm fuzzy feel from helping local charities + being part of the largest team at Blenheim
We will also pool lifts to Blenheim, help source a bicycle (note you can even ride a shopping bike), and we may be able to lend wet suits.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a place. Places will likely sell-out by April and if you want to get fitter for the event then training opportunities with our groups are already available.
Can’t take part but still want to help? Sponsor someone else taking part by visiting our Virgin Money Giving Campaign page.
See how Kensal Queens Park team got motivated last year, thanks to Gareth Heal’s lighthearted video.
Kensal Rise Triathlon 2020 Cut 2 HD from Gareth Heal on Vimeo.
We’re aiming to try and be open for the launch of the Museum of all Brent Life on 16 May. There will be a launch event with our Brent 2020 artist, and no doubt there will be a few choice refreshments too. It’s free. Do drop in.
We’re painting the library on Saturday 1 February, starting at 1000. We’re looking for anyone who’d like to help to get in touch.
If you can bring your own materials, fantastic – but some will be provided. Just wear comfortable old clothes.
We’ll provide tea, coffee and biscuits, and there will be a few laughs along the way.
To sign up, please send your full name, postcode and mobile number by email to email@example.com,uk and say you want to volunteer for painting duty. If you think you’re ever likely to do a shift in the library when it’s open, please also say so.
We are especially keen to hear from people who have experience of leading teams on physical activities like this – you’ll need humour, tact, patience and a firm demeanour! Please get in touch!
If you can’t paint, but would like to contribute, we have a wish list over at Amazon. Even if you’re not an Amazon fan, you can view the items there and buy from somewhere else, we don’t mind.