Hire our Spaces
All spaces are now available for hire, between 0900 and 2100, Monday-Sunday. Please ask for a quotation!
Viewings are strictly by appointment only.
See below for full details.
What's On Offer?
We have three spaces for hire in five different configurations. To enquire about the cost, and to book the space, uset he Request a Quotation button above.
On the right is a scale drawing of the library spaces, with measurements.
For answers to some Frequently Asked Questions, see below.
- We have state of the art, programmable mood lighting throughout the building, and a sophisticated air conditioning and heating system to suit all activities and events
- Our public cafe can be hired for serving of drinks and pre-prepared food
- Free public Wifi – voucher available on request at the library
- Internet-enabled TV for presentations and film showings
- Meeting room kitchen has facilities for tea and coffee making, washing up, and a small fridge
- We have 38 adult sized chairs and 13 child stools
- Six folding trestle tables
- The toilet (for hirers only) has wheelchair access and baby changing facilities
- We provide cleaning materials and utensils so you can clean up after your event
- For fire safety reasons, the number of people in the building at any one time cannot exceed 84.
The meeting room is in the centre of the building. It has its own separate entrance, and can divided from the Activity Room by an acoustic panel to mitigate noise transfer.
- £10 per hour (regular hire – one off hire prices on on application)
- Seats up to 8 or 3 on mats
- coffee/tea point
- bookable alone, or with the Activity Room next door
The Activity Room is at the rear of the building. It has its own separate entrance, and can divided from the Meeting Room by an acoustic panel
- £25 per hour (regular hire – one off hire prices on application)
- Capacity 20 standing, 10 on mats
- bookable alone, or with the Meeting Room next door
- suitable for gentle exercise or group activity
The Main Library space is at the front of the building. It has access to the cafe/bar area.
- £50 per hour (regular hire – one off hire prices on application)
- Capacity 56
- suitable for exhibitions, meetings, performances and celebrations
- food and drink should be kept in the cafe side of this space
We are happy to offer viewings when the library is open (Monday and Wednesday between 1000 and 1700, Fridays between 1500 and 1800 and Saturdays between 1000 and 1600), avoiding times when the library is being used by another hirer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Viewings of the space are done by appointment only – please do not turn up unannounced as you may find the library closed, or be turned away. Please email email@example.com to ask for an appointment to view. Before you request an appointment, have a look at our events calendar to avoid a time when the library is in use by another hirer.
Can we bring our own food and drink?
Yes, we have two spaces where pre-prepared food can be served or assembled – the tea point in the meeting room, or the cafe space. You will have to hire these spaces individually if you plan to use them for serving food.
May we bring an entertainer?
Yes! Childrens parties go with a swing if you have an entertainer. We’ve seen Laurie Faulkner in action and her Paw Patrol party was a big hit. She als offers Disney Princess parties and Harry Potter parties. You can contact Laurie on 07769221581.
We can also recommend Tyan Archer of Dramagical Tyan. She’s local, and already runs activities in the library.
Does the Hire time include Set Up and Tear Down?
You pay for the time you are in the building. If your party is scheduled to run between 1500 and 1700, you will want to book time before to prepare for your guests, and time afterwards to clear up. We provide most cleaning materials, including the use of our Henry hoover.
Can we park outside the library?
There is some paid-for parking on either side of the library on Olive Road. You may stop – at your own risk of a parking ticket – briefly at the front doors for loading and unloading.
Is it ok to bring decorations?
You may use some pre-installed hooks in the library for stringing bunting etc, but you may not attach anything to the walls using pins, hooks, sticky tape, screws or nails. We love our walls, and we want them to stay looking nice!
We have a picture rail in the Activity Room for exhibitions.
What's the Cancellation Policy?
We ask regular hirers to give one month’s notice if they intend to stop classes. We cannot give refunds for missed classes if you decide not to run a regular class or activity.
For one-off event hire, we will refund your hire fee if you give at least two weeks notice. Any less than that and we will retain 50% of the hire fee.
Can I hire the library for a religious or political meeting?
The library does not accept bookings of any religious or political nature.