Something to look forward to. It’s what we all need right now, isn’t it?
Can you sing? Play an instrument? Recite a poem or a monologue? Juggle? Tell a (clean) joke? Perform a puppet show? We’re looking for talented people of all kinds to take part in an online talent show to take place at the end of January/early February.
We’d love you to be part of it, help us raise some cheer (and hopefully some funds) for the library and give the community something to look forward to through the dark days of January and beyond.
- Will take place on Zoom, early evening, from the end of January/early February, depending on everyone’s availability
- Each act will have 5 minutes to deliver their “party-piece”
- Each performer will need to have access to an internet-enabled device with a camera/microphone and be able to install Zoom on it (we can give some remote support on that if required). Mobile phones are fine, though a desktop/laptop gives a better Zooming experience
- Performers will need a quiet space to perform in, with a neutral backdrop – no dogs/kids/noisy flatmates barging through while you’re performing please!
- This is a family friendly event, so please ensure your material, surroundings and demeanour are appropriate!
- The audience will make a donation of their choosing to attend
- The audience will not be visible – only performers will appear on screen
- The library will provide a moderator to introduce acts and start/finish the evening
If you’re too shy to perform, you can still take part – in the audience – and we’ll be posting more info about that in due course. In the meantime, follow us on social media for updates, and get practising!