A MAJOR FUNDRAISING OPPORTUNITY
FOR CRICKLEWOOD LIBRARY
Would you, family and friends like to help us get our library open and have some fun with us by helping us form ‘Cricklewood Library’ Relay Teams at beautiful Blenheim Palace on Sunday 13th September?
You would either swim 750 metres, bike 20km, or run/walk (5.4km) as part of a Blenheim Triathlon Relay Team that will take on other charity teams from around Kensal Rise, Queens Park & surrounding areas.
The Relay leg can be done without training or you can train over the next few weeks with lots of local people. You can also just come for fun on the day – the Palace also makes for a lovely picnic spot!
Team members could be 16 to 76 years old (the oldest two team members last year were 65) and be in any shape fitness-wise. You can go for super-quick times or just get-around. Our emphasis will be on having fun and ‘giving it a go’. We can arrange a wetsuit or bicycle – otherwise you don’t need any ‘special’ kit.
We can offer a Relay place for just £19 – a 70% discount if you promise to raise at least £60 in sponsorship from family, friends, work colleagues. Thanks to kind sponsorship from Daniels Estate Agents on Walm Lane, there will also be a £25 donation to your fund for the first 10 people to sign up and commit to raising money for us.
You’d get these unique benefits:
- 70% off entry price – the “Cricklewood Library Team” unique discount!
- A ‘month at the Moberly’ Sports Centre to get into shape.
- Free ‘Swimming Nature’ swimming lessons at the Maqam
- Free strength and mobility “MOT” with Gym Locomotive
- Free Lizzie Barker Group Training on Tiverton Green
- Free lifts to Denham to try open-water swimming (or lots of team runs + cycle practices, if you’d like them)
- “Kensal Tri” training top
- A guaranteed profound, warm fuzzy feel for supporting us + being part of a unique (& the largest) team at Blenheim!
If you prefer to do all three Triathlon legs yourself instead of a Relay, you can instead enter the Blenheim Sprint or Super Sprint individual events. Thanks to Daniels, we can also offer these at a 70% discount (£39) with the same benefits – and commitment to raising £100 in sponsorship. The Daniels offer applies to this too!
There will be LOTS of local teams (and others from across the country) taking part, as explained at bit.ly/CricklewoodLibraryTeam. Our area of NW London took 100 people last year, forming the largest team at Blenheim!
There are duathlon (non-swim) events for children 6-12 years old, making it an inclusive fun family day out.